Community Outreach Coordinator
7473 Parklane Road, Columbia, SC 29223
741-7272 ext. 143
Volunteer Purpose and Responsibilities:
- Volunteers assist the full and part-time staff members in the implementation of programs and special events.
- Volunteers assist participants in working on specific goals and becoming as independent as possible.
- Volunteers assist with the supervision of participants in a positive, enthusiastic manner.
- Volunteers assist the program leader with maintaining a safe environment for the program participants.
- Volunteers offer suggestions and comments on improving current programs and ideas for new programs.
- Volunteers adhere to all the policies and procedures set forth in the volunteer manual.
On behalf of the Richland County Recreation Commission, it is my great pleasure to welcome you as a new volunteer. You can become a member of a unique and very special volunteer team. Each volunteer is tremendously important to us.
You can make a vital contribution to the overall operation of our agency. In return for adding your unique talents to the talents of fellow volunteers, you receive the personal satisfaction of having done a vital and significant job very well.
Want to give back? Volunteer! There are always opportunities to volunteer with The Richland County Recreation Commission. Help out at a one-day special event or assist on an ongoing basis.
If you are interested in becoming an RCRC Volunteer, please complete the Volunteer Manual and then contact Adairius Williams to schedule an appointment.
All volunteer applicants must complete a National Background Check.
Email Adairius Williams at email@example.com with any questions and volunteer packet requests.