Who We Are
To lead the nation in providing evidence-based recreational programming, safe and accessible
facilities, and customer service excellence.
Dedicated to enriching lives and connecting communities through diverse recreational opportunities.
- To be the model recreation agency in the state of South Carolina.
- To be a leader in innovative parks, recreation programming and green initiatives.
- To be a nationally recognized leader in self-sustaining state-of-the-art recreational programming.
- To be recognized as “making a significant difference” in the quality of life in Richland County.
- To be a recognized leader in the state for preventive health programs.
- To be a health conscious agency through recreation and sports.
- To be highly effective in our community wellness programming initiatives.
- To see marked increase in utilization because of new programs.
- To be a “model agency” with superb parks, facilities and recreational programs.
- To become an agency with a greater number of adaptive recreation and facility options.
- To work in cooperation and collaboration with elected officials and community leaders.
- To become totally self-sufficient.
- To be recognized by NRPA (Gold Medal Award) and maintain our CAPRA certification.
- To have a fully functioning Foundation that has name recognition, is self-sustaining, can enhance the needs of RCRC, conduct special events, concerts, assist in any funding shortfall from the County and has higher success rates in grant awards.
Our Agency’s Guiding Principles are:
3-5 Year Strategic Plan
In 2010 the Richland County Recreation Commission developed a strategic plan to provide a road map for the agency for the next 3-5 years.
CLICK TO VIEW 2010 RCRC LONG-RANGE STRATEGIC PLAN
CLICK TO VIEW 2018-2021 RCRC STRATEGIC PLAN
RCRC collected data internally from our Board of Commissioners and staff and externally through a county-wide community survey to better understand how we deliver programs and services.
We want to focus on what we can do better to serve the recreational needs of the residents of Richland County. This strategic plan will allow us to do that and provide a road map for the future.