Date(s): June 1-30, 2021
Time: 10:00 am-4:00 pm *Closed on Saturdays and Sundays
Location: Ballentine Community Center • 1009 Bickley Road, Irmo, SC 29063 (1053 Bird Road address is better for GPS purposes)
Pre-Register today: https://app.auratracker.org/signup/277
If you have symptoms of COVID-19 or have come in close contact with someone who tested positive, it is recommended that you get tested. 99% accuracy. Results under 48 hours. No ID Required. No appointment necessary. Testing available to children of all ages* (*with parental consent)
The Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) is partnering with GENETWORx Laboratories to bring free COVID-19 testing for all in Columbia, South Carolina.
Upon arrival, the collection site staff will register you for the test, receive consent from you to collect the sample and then proceed with a nasal swab collection procedure.
Once collected, the sample will be prepared to be sent to the GENETWORx Laboratory in Glen Allen, Virginia. Test results will be available within 48 hours and will be reported to you through your Aura Account. All results are protected by federal and state privacy laws.
DHEC urges South Carolinians to be positive you’re negative by routinely getting tested if you’re regularly out in the community. It’s especially important to get tested before and after holiday traveling or events. Visit scdhec.gov/findatest for a testing location near you. DHEC-sponsored testing is free, doesn’t require insurance, and results are available within 72 hours. DHEC’s testing options have expanded to include shallow nasal testing, an oral swab, or a saliva test at different locations.
In addition to taking the daily precautions to stop the spread of COVID-19, South Carolinians are encouraged to help protect their mental and emotional health by:
- Taking breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news stories and social media. Hearing about COVID-19 or other stress-inducing issues repeatedly can be upsetting.
- Taking care of your body: eat healthy, well-balanced meals; exercise regularly; get plenty of sleep; and avoid alcohol and drugs.
- Making time to unwind and participate in activities you enjoy.
- Connecting with others. Talk with people you trust about your concerns and how you are feeling.
And please remember:
- DHEC recommends testing at least once each month for persons without symptoms of COVID-19 who are frequently out in the community.
- Getting tested will help you to protect yourself, your loved ones and your community.
- Symptoms of COVID-19 may be similar to other common illnesses and can vary from person to person and getting tested can let you know for sure if you have the virus.
- Some people who are infected may have no symptoms. This means you could spread the virus without even knowing it.
- Minority groups and those with underlying health conditions are at increased risk for severe illness and death from COVID-19
Free DHEC: Mental Health Postcard
Free DHEC: If you test positive for COVID-19 flyer
You can order these materials free of charge by clicking the order form
We take great pride in knowing that our community partners continue to remain steadfast in their commitment to help us protect the health and safety of all South Carolinians.
You’ll receive your test results quickly. Residents will be contacted within 48-72 hours with the results of their test. Visit scdhec.gov/COVID19 for more information.