What you need to know about Coronavirus Disease 2019
Richland County Recreation Commission is monitoring information and updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) about 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) that has the potential to cause severe illness and pneumonia in some people.
Similar to the prevention of other respiratory illnesses, including the flu, recommended preventive measures include:
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Staying home if you are sick
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throwing the tissue in the trash
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces
We are already cleaning and disinfecting all of our sites with EPA-approved products. We are also continuing to emphasize to our patrons and staff the importance of preventative measures, including washing your hands frequently, covering your cough and staying at home if you’re sick. If you have any questions or concerns, contact your health care provider or call the DHEC Care Line at 1-855-472-3432.
We will provide updates as we receive additional information.
Links to educational materials and resources about the coronavirus:
COVID-19 Quick Facts (pdf)
Poster: Stop the Spread of Germs (pdf)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Videos:
DHEC Care Line: 1-855-472-3432 (staffed 8:00 am-6:00 pm weekdays)